We at Global Consumer Innovations have teamed with Mr. Handyman to offer installation services in most areas of the USA and limited areas within Canada.
Mr. Handyman representatives are professionals who are licensed, bonded and insured. Their pledge and commitment to their customers is “On Time. Done Right. Every Time.” Mr. Handyman has been providing outstanding improvements to homes and businesses since 1996.>> Find someone in your area
Simple installation of the Tri-bolt lock
- Determine which side of your door is appropriate for installation. Installation will be opposite the hinge side, either a right hand or a left hand installation.
- Mark hole locations with the template provided, choosing the proper template based on the installation side determined in (1) above.
- Drill the 2-1/8” or 2-1/4” hole (#1) first at determined locations and remove remains.
- Drill the 3/4” hole in the top of the door until the drill bit appears in hole #1 (in the case of metal, fiberglass or aluminum doors after you penetrate the skin remove foam inside as needed.)
- Insert the Tri-bolt rod up and locate the mounting screws. (Drilling a small pilot hole before screws are installed is advised.)
- Screw rod extension onto bolt rod at the desired height to penetrate the door jamb
- Slide rod guide over rod extension and into the predrilled 3/4” hole at top of door.
- Mark and drill door jamb hole to accept bolt rod with 7/16” drill.
- You are now ready to enjoy the added peace of mind that your new tri-bolt provides.
*Note: To install in a solid wood door, you may want to call an experienced carpenter.