Simple installation of the Tri-bolt lock
- Determine which side of your door is appropriate for installation. Installation will be opposite the hinge side, either a right hand or a left hand installation.
- Mark hole locations with the template provided, choosing the proper template based on the installation side determined in (1) above.
- Drill the 2-1/8” or 2-1/4” hole (#1) first at determined locations and remove remains.
- Drill the 3/4” hole in the top of the door until the drill bit appears in hole #1 (in the case of metal, fiberglass or aluminum doors after you penetrate the skin remove foam inside as needed.)
- Insert the Tri-bolt rod up and locate the mounting screws. (Drilling a small pilot hole before screws are installed is advised.)
- Screw rod extension onto bolt rod at the desired height to penetrate the door jamb
- Slide rod guide over rod extension and into the predrilled 3/4” hole at top of door.
- Mark and drill door jamb hole to accept bolt rod with 7/16” drill.
- You are now ready to enjoy the added peace of mind that your new tri-bolt provides.
*Note: To install in a solid wood door, you may want to call an experienced carpenter.